Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Chapter 52 Rules for Writers

Writing an MLA paper is challenging and you will face three main challenges such as: supporting a thesis, citing your sources and avoiding plagarism and integrating quotes and other forms of material.  Supporting a thesis will need support with well organized evidence.  Once you have read different sources of materials consider all sides of your issue.  The thesis will answer the central research question.  After writing a rough draft you may decide to revise your thesis.
The body of the paper will have evidence in support of your thesis.  Try sketching an informal plan that organizes your ideas.  After you have written a rough draft, you can go ahead and write a more formal outline.
After thoughtfully plannine, gathering your ideas will make an argument more complex and convincing.  Sources can play different types of roles as you develop your point.  You can use facts and statistics to support generalization or to establish the importance of your topic..  If readers are unfamiliar with a word or and idea important to your topic, you must explain it.  As you draft your argument, make sure to back up your assertions with facts, examples and other evidence from your research.  Don't ingnore sources that seem contrary to your position.
When writing an MLA paper I will make sure I cite all sources I have used. Also, I will not write in pligarism.  I know this is a really important fact.  When writitng an MLA paper I will sketch an informal plan with my ideas first.  Then, I will gather my ideas to make an argument.  These are the important things I need to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment