Monday, January 31, 2011

Summary for Chapter 1

Writing is a process of figuring out what you think, not an already developed thought.  Writers who are experienced will work on three writing stages: planning, drafting, and revising.  When you are done with those three important stages you may have to go back to all the stages and develop more ideas.
If you are going to write a draft, the best thing to do is to think about your subject while listening to music or driving to work.  While you are coming up with ideas, jot them down.  Also, be thinking about how to catch your audiences attention while doing so.
I am going to start jotting down ideas in sections such as: planning, drafting and revising.  Right now, I am just doing the planning section.  Also, the drafting and revising stages are very important to become a better writer.  I believe this will help me develop better writing strategies which in turn will help my over all writing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment